Russia and the Russian occupation authorities are going to hold elections to the State Duma of Russia on September 19, 2021 in the territory of the temporarily occupied Crimea, Sevastopol city of Ukraine, as well as involving residents of the temporarily occupied areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine with Russian passports.
1. This is a crude violation of the Constitution and legislation of Ukraine, as well as all bilateral agreements and treaties signed by Russia.
2. Moreover holding the elections in the occupied territories of the sovereign state crudely violates the UN Charter, the OSCE Final Act of August 1, 1975, the Budapest Memorandum of 1994 (according to which Ukraine gave up the nuclear weapon – the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world), Geneva Convention of 1949, the UN General Assembly Resolution “Territorial integrity of Ukraine” No. 68/262 (2014), No. 71/205 (2016), No. 71/190 (2017), No. 73/263 (2018), 74/168 (2019) “Situation of human rights in the Autonomous Republic
of Crimea and the City of Sevastopol, Ukraine”, No. 73/194 (2018) and 74/17 (2019) “Problem of the militarization of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the City of Sevastopol, Ukrainea as well as parts of the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov” and other documents.
3. Forcing the residents of the Ukrainian Crimea and the temporarily occupied areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions to participate in the elections to the State Duma of Russia is a crude violation of the basic human rights and freedoms and will definitely make the elections illegitimate.
4. This act constitutes a part of the hybrid warfare waged by the Russian Federation against democracy in the world.
5. The elections to the State Duma of Russia on September 19, 2021 is definitely a massive falsification and fraud considering the decline in the Russian ruling United Russia party popularity.
6. All the persons involved into the illegal elections, including the international staff, observers etc (including in the temporarily occupied areas of Crimea and Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine) will bear responsibility for this illegal act according to the Ukrainian and international legislation, as well as will be a subject for the international sanctions.
7. As a result of illegal elections the State Duma of Russia will be considered as an illegitimate state body. Thus participation of the representatives of the newly elected State Duma in the international interparliamentary bodies (such as Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, OSCE Parliamentary Assembly) is unacceptable.