AQUAPROIECT (www.aquaproiect.com) is a renowned design, studies and consulting company in the field of water management and environmental engineering, with an experience of 60 years and a large sphere of activities, specializing in river regulation and flood protection works, the design of water construction works (dams and storage reservoirs, water diversion and head races, dikes, water supply systems and sewerage systems), irrigation systems, civil constructional works, roads and bridges, waste storages, studies in the fields of topography, geodesy, geology, environmental protection studies and engineering and studies on low, mean and high water management, technical assistance, consultancy, construction behavior tracking and documentation for permits and authorizations.
AQUAPROIECT SA currently has over 130 employees, with specialists covering a wide area expertise (Hydraulics, Land Reclamation, Civil Engineering, Mechanics/Hydromechanics, Automation, Road & Bridge, Hydro-energy, Architecture, Environmental, Geotechnics / Geology, Topography / Geodesy, GIS Specialists, Labor Health & Safety Experts, Economics, IT etc. The company is currently undertaking its activity in its Bucharest Headquarters (Romania) and two International Subsidiaries – in Erbil, Kurdistan Autonomous Region of Iraq and Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.
Having been established in 1953, the company continues the activity of the ”Design Institute for Hydraulic Constructions”, holding most of the best Romanian specialists of the studies and design sector of the former General Directorate of the Danube – Black Sea Canal. Throughout its existence, the company gradually expanded its array of activity, today representing a dominant force in the market and covering a large array of activities. The types of activities undertaken by the company are presented below, together with the number of years the company has been active in each sector:
– Environmental and water management studies, including hydrological and hydraulic studies, basin water management plans and flood control maps.
While the company has been active in the undertaking of water management studies since 1959 since its inclusion at the time in Romania’s Water State Committee and the start of elaboration of water management plans at hydrographical basin level nationally, the activity of environmental protection studies started in 1991, given the increasingly diversified market demand for social services in Romania at the time. The company has undertaken a significant number of projects as environmental impact assessments, undertaking of EIA procedure, Environmental Balance studies, as well as obtaining the necessary permits and authorizations for a large diversity of works, including water management permits, environmental authorizations, up to obtaining of construction authorization.
– Studies and design for water course management and land reclamation improvement – irrigation systems, drainage systems, soil erosion control, water regulations, embankment design of works for flood control against sea coastal erosion and coastal stabilization. This sector has the largest history in the company’s activity, of 58 years.
– Oil industry studies and engineering, from investigation works undertaken for pollution evaluation, remediation solutions and decontamination projects, with current ongoing projects.
– Land studies (topographic surveying, geotechnical studies), holding the technical expertise and necessary equipment to conduct such studies. While this sector improved highly with new acquired technological equipment, the company has been undertaking land surveying since its first projects, 58 years ago.
– Technical assistance in the field and supervision of construction works. The company has been active in this sector for 54 years, most projects undertaken by the company having the technical assistance component included.
– Civil construction architecture and design of infrastructure works (such as water supply and/or sewerage systems, pumping stations, roads and bridges design, design of ecological waste disposal sites). The company has been active in this sector since 1991, thus having 20 years of experience in such projects.
– Design and behavior tracking of water constructional works (dams and storage reservoirs, dikes, extensions, intakes, headraces and hydro-mechanical equipment). The company has an experience of 52 years in this sector, having designed most of the dams and storage reservoirs in Romania.
– Informational systems – a 9 years experience, having been active in such projects since 2004.
The sphere of engineering works provided by S.C. AQUAPROIECT S.A. covers a project from its pre-feasibility stage, through feasibility study, elaboration of technical documentations for obtaining the necessary authorizations and permits, technical design, execution details, all the way through project management implementation, consultancy in tender book specifications, monitoring and works supervision. AQUAPROIECT’s Management commits itself to see that the projects’ tasks are being met under proper conditions, to the full satisfaction of our clients, employees and all parties concerned. At present, it has implemented and it is keeping and certifying an integrated quality, environmental, occupational health and safety, social responsibility management systems according to the legislation on quality in constructions, authorization of the carrying out of construction works, to the SR EN ISO 9001:2008, SR EN ISO 14001:2005, OHSAS 18001:2007, SA 8000 standards and to the demands of all regulations in force applicable in the company’s activity.
The company holds the necessary authorizations for undertaking the above activities, and its competency is proved by its history in the market of over 60 years and hundreds of successful projects. Moreover, the company is a member of internal and international bodies in the field and has high class specialists (doctors in sciences, university teaching staff, authors of technical publications, inventors etc.) with rich experience in the designing of river basin development works for low, mean and high water management with a view to providing water users, protecting against the destructive effects of floods, and environmental protection.
The company target business development internationally as opportunities come up. For further information, please visit www.aquaproiect.com.