by Con Coughlin
- In one demonstration at Beijing’s Tsinghua University earlier this week, students were recorded chanting the slogan “Democracy, rule of law and freedom of speech.”
- Yet, rather than supporting the brave protesters who are defying the tyranny of their Communist masters, the Biden administration appears reluctant to comment on the turmoil. President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan have all avoided commenting on the unrest.
- Biden’s reticence about commentating on the disturbances in China may be explained by his recent three-hour meeting with Xi at the G20 summit in Indonesia, when the two leaders agreed to de-escalate tensions on contentious issues, such as Taiwan, as well as by a growing body of evidence that he appears to have been seriously politically compromised by lavish deals between “CCP-linked Individuals & Companies” and the Biden family.
- Such craven conduct typifies the response of American officialdom to the malign rule of the ayatollahs, which has seen an estimated 500 Iranians killed — including women and children — during the regime’s brutal repression of anti-government protests, with another 18,000 protesters taken into detention.
- The Biden administration’s unwillingness, moreover, to lend its support to anti-regime protesters in despotic states such as China and Iran is certainly short-sighted, as it encourages regime officials in the belief that they can act with impunity against their opponents.
- Read more…