The Middle East Forum keeps a close watch on North American universities, seeking to end anti-Western, anti-Israel, and pro-Islamist biases. That keeps us very busy.
Tomorrow, Giving Tuesday, is an important fundraising day for nonprofits, including universities. So we thought you should know the following:
- Princeton – Seyed Hossein Mousavian, a Middle East security and nuclear policy specialist, is Tehran’s man in America. He even attended the funeral of Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani, killed by a U.S. drone strike in 2020.
- Oberlin College – Our exclusive reporting on Professor Mohammad Jafar Mahallati has prompted a congressional inquiry into “Mahallati’s current association with and open loyalty to the Iranian regime.”
- Harvard, New York University, Princeton and UCLA – These institutions are affiliated with the American Institute of Iranian Studies, which has connections to the upper echelon of the Tehran regime.
- Georgetown – Home to the Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, founded by a 2005 gift from Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. It has since served as a propaganda arm for Wahhabi Islam, a radical, fundamentalist sect.
- Brown University – Beshara Doumani, director of its Center for Middle East Studies, is taking a two-year leave of absence to become president of Birzeit University on the West Bank, informally known as Terrorist University for producing generations of suicide bombers and other jihadis.
- Read more…