- “First, Biden decided to waive the demand to include the role of Iran’s terrorists in the region in the talks [in Vienna]… Biden decided not to address this issue at all, nor the role of terrorist militias affiliated with Iran in the Arab countries.” — Sayed Zahra, deputy editor of the Gulf’s Akhbar Al-Khaleej, August 20, 2022.
- The second demand Biden gave up, according to Zahra, includes the issue of Iran’s ballistic missile program and the threat it poses to the security and stability of the region, the US itself and its interests.
- “The issue is not whether the agreement is signed or not…. [T]here is something more dangerous than this: Biden has completely abandoned the Arabs, allies and non-allies alike.” — Sayed Zahra, August 20, 2022.
- The Iranian-backed Houthi militia in Yemen, [Kheirallah] added, is continuing to recruit hundreds of fighters.
- “What will the Houthis do with these fighters? Are they preparing for new rounds of fighting, or is their goal limited to threatening neighboring countries, primarily the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?” — Kheirallah Kheirallah, veteran Lebanese journalist, Alraimedia, August 17, 2022.
- The Iranian regime, [Kheirallah] wrote, cannot survive without its expansionist project. “The collapse of this project means the collapse of the regime, similar to the collapse of the Soviet Union. In Lebanon, Iran is flexing its muscles through Hezbollah, which asserts daily that it is the ruling party. In Iraq, Iran refuses to admit that it is rejected by the majority of the Iraqi people…. Unfortunately, there is no American administration capable of understanding the meaning and repercussions of the presence of an Iranian entity in the Arabian Peninsula. Iran escalates everywhere it considers itself present through its militias. There is a question that will arise soon: Will the US administration facilitate this escalation through a deal it concludes with the Islamic Republic that provides it with large financial resources? To put it more clearly, does America consider itself concerned with the security of its allies in the region, or should these people manage their own affairs in the way they see fit?” — Kheirallah Kheirallah, Annahar, August 17, 2022.
- “Iran still considers interference in the affairs of other countries in the region as one of its top priorities…. for the sake of regional hegemony.” — Hamid Al-Kaifaey, Iraqi author, Sky News Arabia, August 14, 2022.
- “The most striking thing about the ongoing international negotiations with the Iranian regime regarding its suspicious nuclear program is that the international community has become confident and certain that this regime is lying and engaged in all forms of deception to achieve its goals without meeting international demands…. Anyone who relies on the Iranian regime is engaged in self-deception. Western countries have completed more than three decades of practicing the policy of appeasement and alignment with the Iranian regime and provided it with many privileges without getting anything in return.” — Alladdin Touran, member of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, Elaph, August 15, 2022.
- Read more…
You are here: / / / Biden Drops More Crucial Demands to Get Iran Deal