- Former US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was reportedly the second target of the Iranian regime. The IRGC member reportedly offered $1 million for his murder.
- The Biden administration remains silent and evidently continues to see “diplomacy” — read: appeasement — as the only path to deal with the Iranian regime. “I continue to believe, Biden said on July 14, “that diplomacy is the best way to achieve this outcome.”
- If the White House does not send a strong message to the Islamic Republic– specifically, halting the nuclear talks and imposing sanctions on top Iranian officials — Iran’s rulers will be further empowered and emboldened to carry out extraterritorial assassinations on US soil, and if the Americans are starry-eyed enough to sign a “nuclear deal” with the mullahs — a deal that only one side will honor — the mullahs will also be immensely enriched.
- As seen from the previous windfall provided to them by the Obama administration, Iran’s mullahs did not use the money for food banks or battered women’s shelters; they used it to have the Houthis terrorize Yemen, an American ally and attack Saudi Arabia; seize ships in international waters, build at least 12 bases in Syria; send funds and arms to Hamas and Islamic Jihad to obliterate Israel. Ever since Israel turned over all of Gaza to the Arabs in 2005, more than 22,5000 rockets have been fired at it from there. In 2021, Israel was bombarded by 4,340 rockets; this month, Islamic Jihad, in only two days, launched 400 rockets toward Israel. Suppose just one rocket was fired into London, Paris, New York or Berlin….?
- Iran, called by the US Department of State a “top sponsor of state terrorism,” recently inked a 20-year “cooperation deal” with Venezuela, after long history of “sending arms and troops” there.
- A deal, besides soon allowing the mullahs as many nuclear bombs — legitimately — as they would like, would also lead to the removal of major economic sanctions, enhance the regime’s global legitimacy, unfreeze Tehran’s assets, and give the ruling clerics access to the global financial system. If the Europeans and Americans imagine that at some point the Iranians will not use their gentle persuasions on them, they are in for a sobering surprise. The Iranian regime’s highest priority, apart from staying in power, is to “export the revolution.” Europe and America will not be overlooked.
- Read more…
You are here: / / / Biden Admin’s Appeasement of Iran Mullahs Risking American Lives