- believe that Ukraine would defeat Russia (94%);
- put blame for the war on Russia’s leadership (94%) and the Russian nationals (54%);
- don’t support any concessions to Russia (78%);
- strongly support Ukraine’s accession to the EU (89%);
- favor the country’s NATO membership (74%);
- see the UK (66%), US (65%), Poland (63%) as Ukraine’s biggest allies.
From May 7 to 15, the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation (DIF) carried out a face-to-face opinion poll in cooperation with the Center for Political Sociology in the seven western and four central oblasts of Ukraine, interviewing 1,000 respondents at the place of their permanent residence. According to DIF, Tthe poll’s sample is representative of indicators such as gender, age, type of settlement, and area of residence with the reported maximum random sampling error amounting to about 2.2%. The poll was funded by the John Fell Oxford University Press Research Fund.